Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Write On Wednesday: JuNoWriMo Wrap Up and Holy Personal Story Batman

Okay, so I technically failed JuNoWriMo, but in my head I didn’t fail at all. I ended up with 35,247 words, which technically were written over a span of like 10 days in the month. I was on fire. I could not be stopped. And then we had to go out of town and I missed a week. Which is fine. I was extremely grateful we were able to go visit family and pay our respects to GiGi. But I didn’t add one word to my MS all week.

However, I’m not giving up. I still feel like I know where I want this book to go. But it’s getting harder. This book is based on my real-life experiences and it’s getting more and more difficult to dig up the emotions I felt when this happened to me. It’s getting heavy, but in a good way. I feel like this story is way more readable, relatable, and just all around REAL. There are aspects of my life tied up in so many different characters and settings and experiences, that the voice is undeniably mine. Which is really fun.

So I’m about 20,000 words or so away from being done (I think), and I’m going to extend my challenge to myself and to anyone else out there who wants a goal. I will be done with Draft 1 by the end of July.

I will.

Will you? What’s your goal?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting so much writing done! I'm trying to finish my first draft of my WIP. I'm at 40,000 words and am hoping to make it to 50,000 before the end of July. I think it will happen! I'm getting excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work done is never failure! I didn't make my JuNoWriMo goal either because of some snags along the way, but I'm okay with that. It's just one month and this is another. Good luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...