Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Faves: The Innocent Flower

Today I have with me the wonderful Michelle Davidson Argyle. I met Michelle through the blogosphere and have been continuously inspired and educated by her amazing blog. It’s been so great getting to know her and I’m so excited to have her here!

So Michelle, what are your faves?

Favorite Design Style

I'd have to say my favorite design trend is the Tuscan look. Maybe this is because I'd really love to live in Italy.

Michelle 1

Michelle 2

Michelle 3

Favorite Book


That's a tossup between The Awakening and The Great Gatsby, but I'd have to choose The Awakening by Kate Chopin if pressed. That book has probably been the number one influence in my writing. Her poetic style and ability to write against the social norms at the time is incredible! It's a novella and doesn't seem to be extremely popular, but it's one I'm always re-reading and studying.

Michelle 4

Favorite Game


You know, I'm not a huge fan of games of any kind, but I'd have to say that I do enjoy writing games where you're timed to write specific things based on words or prompts or something. I find those a lot of fun! I infinitely prefer just chatting with people rather than focusing on a game.

Michelle 5

(this is my interpretation of a writing game. I don’t know if Michelle really likes it, but it’s WAY fun and makes you use your brain while being timed.)

Thanks, Kadie!

 

Thank YOU Michelle! Everyone be sure to check out her blog (linked above) and keep an eye out for her book being released this September!

Michelle 6

I can’t wait to get my copy!

That’s it for now! Now I’m going camping…with my family…overnight. This is a big deal for us. We’re not an outdoorsy family. We’ll see how this goes. Everyone have a great weekend and don’t forget to enter my Giveaway and to tell your friends about it! You have until Sunday night to enter!

Want to be a part of Friday Faves? I’d LOVE to have you! Email me at kadiekinney@gmail.com!

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...