Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Grateful

I don't know how many of you are on facebook, but a lot of my friends are doing a status update every day saying something else they're thankful for in honor of Thanksgiving tomorrow. Ever the procrastinator, I decided to lump mine all together for this blog post. So here we go; 24 things I'm thankful for. In no particular order:


  1. My family. Husband, daughter, mom, dad, in-laws, siblings, cousins, the whole kit'n'kaboodle. I love them all and am so grateful to have them in my life. 
  2. My cat. He's fuzzy and crazy. 
  3. My home
  4. A working furnace in this cold weather
  5. Chapstick
  6. Doctors and ultrasounds and medicine in general. We live in an amazing age. 
  7. My computers...yes plural. We currently have more computers than people in this house...
  8. My wonderful job. Seriously got my dream job and am so lucky I get to do what I love everyday. Especially since most days I get to do it from home. Woot!
  9. My education.
  10. My faith and knowledge of our purpose here. 
  11. Good books. Feel free to recommend some in the comments. I've hit kind of a dry spell.
  12. The internet and the ability to meet and make friends with people I would never otherwise even meet.
  13. My freedom. True, America's got problems, but at the end of the day I'm free, and that's an incredible blessing. 
  14. Glasses. Otherwise this blog post would be riddled with errors, because I couldn't see what I was typing. 
  15. Maternity pants. Genius. 
  16. A Home Depot only 3 minutes from my house. I've been there many times in the last week and I'm so glad I don't have to drive farther to get there. Of course, maybe if I did, I would plan better. hmm. 
  17. Lists. I love making lists. They help declutter my mind. 
  18. Inspiration from others. I love being creative and seeing creativity abound (aka Pinterest and blogs)
  19. My hubby's job and insurance. Yay for not having to worry about having this baby. 
  20. Travel. I haven't been able to in awhile, but how amazing is it that we can hop on this huge hunk of metal that flies us through the air? I mean, it's pretty crazy if you think about it. 
  21. (Which reminds me) My car. I love that I don't have to be trapped in the house all day every day. 
  22. My vocabulary. I love words. 
  23. My daughter's curly hair. I always wanted curly hair and hers is so beautiful. Thank you genetics. 
  24. Good food. And isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about anyway? 
So there you have it, 24 things to be thankful for. I know this time of year gratitude can sound cliche, but I try to say thank you every day of the year. I always try to keep in mind that even though sometimes things are hard, and sometimes I get discouraged, I have it SO GOOD. And most of us do. Isn't that wonderful? 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you have plenty to be thankful for as well! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...