Okay this is a cheap shot, but I’m using today to announce another award I’ve so graciously been given!
The lovely Kristina Fugate passed this on to me! Thanks Kristina, it means a lot!
To accept this award, I have a few things I need to do:
1.) Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post. (check)
2.) Share 7 random things about yourself. (coming up)
3.) Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it. (keep reading!)
Okay, so here are seven things about me, that you may or may not already know:
1) I secretly love teen drama shows. I just finished watching Make It or Break It on Netflix and wish I would’ve joined gymnastics when I was three. I subsequently had a dream that I had to compete with them at the Olympics. When I woke up I was grateful I haven’t been in gymnastics since I was three.
2) I LOVE playing Tennis and don’t do it nearly enough. I was on my high school team all four years and even shared the title of MVP with my doubles partner senior year. We made it to our regional semi-finals. I have a mean backhand. If anyone in the area wants to play, hit me up. We’re running out of nice tennis weather though.
(Yes that’s me in High School, and yes that’s a picture from my yearbook. Sorry so grainy.)
3) I’m an organization junkie. I have more folders on my computer than Sims games on my shelf, and THAT’S saying something. My husband makes fun of how many times I have to click on a folder, then a sub folder, then a sub-sub folder to get to the file I want. But I know where it is, and that’s what matters. I wish I could be as organized with my housework…
4) I collect scrapbook supplies. Occasionally I get the time to use them and actually put together my scrapbooks, but mostly I just love to go to JoAnn’s or some funky little scrapbook boutique and buy out their entire supply of cute ribbon. I have a dedicated desk and four of those Tupperware drawer organizers FULL of scrapbook supplies. It’s an addiction. Too bad I’m only up to Christmas of Eisley’s first year. I’m SO behind.
(A sample page from my daughter’s scrapbook. She was so little!)
5) I have two design styles battling inside me at all times. Part of me LOVES minimal, contemporary, sculptural design. I can envision myself in a NYC penthouse with a $15,000 Italian leather couch and concrete floors and would be perfectly content. Then there’s the part of me that wants a cabin in Montana that’s what I like to call contemporary rustic. I love exposed beams, stacked stone, and warm yellow lights that just make you feel warm. So for my actual house, I’ve settled somewhere in the middle somewhere, and while I like what I’ve got going on, I still wish for those two homes.
6) I’m not a fan of the zoo. Call me crazy, but for some reason the idea of going out in the hot allergy-ridden air to watch monkeys scratch themselves is not my idea of fun. And I’m just not an animal person in general. I’ve never owned a dog, and about the only pet I can live peacefully with is a cat. Which is why we have one. Leeroy Jethro Jenkins Gibbs. A name that mixes our love of NCIS with the awesomeness that is Leeroy Jenkins. If you haven’t seen the video (and you like to play video games, WoW specifically. Otherwise it won’t be that funny to you), go here. Otherwise, here’s our cute cat.
7) And just in case you never read my interview on Chantele's blog, I’ll repeat the most random thing about me; I’m afraid of those TV’s that hang from the ceiling in most Wal-Marts. I can’t walk under them for fear they’ll choose that exact moment to fall and crush my skull. There you go, a new phobia for you.
(She’s lucky this one is placed over produce).
There you go! Seven random things about me! Hope that wasn’t too painful. Now on to the fifteen blogs that I think are uber-cool. Congrats and pass on the love:
- Cherie Schmidt
- Tamara Epps from Empty Thoughts, Rewritten
- Michelle Merrill from Perfecting the Craft
- Ron Smith from Prince Balthazar
- Janine Clayson from Squee
- Sarah McCabe from The Aspiring Subcreator
- Leigh Ann Kopans from The Naptime Novelist
- D.B. Smyth
- Steph Campbell from Under the Olive Tree
Phew! That’s a long list. Now I’m off to inform all these awesome people of their awesomeness. Hope you’re all having a fantastic day!