Friday, March 2, 2012

Grand Finale and a Short Goodbye

This is my last remodel post (collective sigh of relief from the interwebs) and probably my last post at all for the next 6 weeks or so. I'm officially going in on Monday to be induced (inner sigh of relief from me). So I'll be busy with the occupant of this newly designed room, and I hope you all will be here when I get back! Anyway, onward and upward.

I hope you’re not tired of seeing remodel pictures yet, because this one’s probably my favorite from our latest round of renovating. I told myself that if we were having another girl, I’d leave the nursery alone. It was fine, it was girly, it didn’t need anything else. It was foolish to spend money on it. (For THOSE before and afters, go here).

Then I thought, well, maybe I’ll get some new bedding at least. What’s new bedding going to hurt?
Then I saw this:
banana-fish-bananafish-gia-four-piece-crib-bedding-set-91573-374931904899997

And I fell head over heels. But wait. It’s plum. Like DARK plum. That doesn’t match a pink striped wall! Well, we can paint the wall easy enough, right? But what about the pillows? Those don’t match either. And the curtains are out of the question!

Suddenly, I was doing a new nursery in my head. And once its in my head, ladies and gentlemen, it must be realized. Or I get a little…cranky. So with this bedding set as the jumping off point, I plotted and planned and paint-matched and finally ended up with my new favorite room in the house. Which, really, nurseries are more for the mom’s than the babies right? I mean I’m the one who has to sit in there looking around for hours.

Anyway, I’ll shut up now. These pictures are also from Danielle Oakey, bless her soul.















Plum makes me happy. There’s so much in this room that makes me happy. The jewelry holder that I’m using for hair bows, The framed scrapbook paper above the changing area, the little ceramic owl peeking out from the bookcase, and the lampshade that was supposed to be a pendant light from IKEA (you can see a glimpse of it in the third-to-last picture).

So while the furniture stayed the same, and the layout stayed the same, this room feels completely different. And now, I have pictures to put in baby A’s baby book of her new room that aren’t identical to her big sister’s. And that makes me happy too. Now I just need her to get here so I can put into that amazing bedding. Not too much longer now…

Happy Friday!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and your family! The nursery turned out so great. I LOVE how those butterflies just pop off the wall. I Love the pillows and I love the framed paper. Awesome job! Good luck on Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures. They could belong in a magazine. Very homey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's so beautiful! Love the plum and other pops of color. Yay! I'll be thinking of you on Monday. Your little girl is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks awesome!! Good luck on Monday :) Exciting times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all shades of purple, usually anyway. My room is two different shades.

    I love, love how the picture of the bed is taken in the mirror!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also given you an award, Kadie. At http://brookerbusse.blogspot.com/2012/05/paper-mountain-awards-1.html

      Delete
  6. Thanks everyone! Such sweet comments make me happy! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay....where have I been? I need text notification when a room has been redone!! I love it. Adorable. Hope to see it some day. I love all the color.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...