Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It’s Done! Mostly…

So this last week was insane, and if you’re friends with me on FB, you’ve already seen some of the pictures, but I kind of wanted to add them here too, along with my own personal narrative of everything that went wrong.

So much, guys. So much.

For example, I show up Monday morning and there’s no sink in our game room. The sink we specified is discontinued. I have to find one NOW. I find one that’s available in Utah; problem is, I’m in Texas. So we call one of our Noah’s employees and ask him to go get one, and rush ship it. He calls an hour later and says it’ll be here Wednesday. Check.

Tuesday, they’re putting up the acoustical panels. Wait…guys…they’re ALL the wrong size! ALL OF THEM! The trim carpenters had already trimmed out where they should go, but not one of them was the correct size. Most of them we could re-trim out. Four of them were ridiculously too big. So I dig in. I tear back the fabric, re-measure, re-mark them, and take them to our contractor with a table saw. He cuts them down, I cut the fabric, re-adhere them, and stick them up. Hallelujah! They fit! Check.

Wednesday morning comes with the sink. The ridiculously DIFFERENT FROM IT’S PICTURE sink. It doesn’t even have a prayer of fitting into our base. I talk to the contractor and we decide to throw a countertop on with an undermount, if we can get it done by our first wedding in two days. By some MIRACLE the stone guy says he can do it Friday morning. 4 hours before the first wedding.

Those were the big ones. Installs are always crazy because each day  lasts like 12-14 hours and you’re going non-stop. We also had to run to the other building in the area to finish it off, since I was so rushed last time. So between trips to Pier 1, Home Depot, and Target (don’t judge) we finally were able to finish off my baby. And I couldn’t be happier. So drumroll….here she is (LOTS of pics, bear with me):

Reception Lobby

IMG_2462

Hallway

DSCN3241

Game Room

IMG_2461

Ceremony Room

IMG_2463

Bride’s Room

DSCN3258

DSCN3247

Back Lobby (ignore the random guy…and the roll on the floor…Hey I said it was MOSTLY done)

IMG_2465

Main Hall – Reception Room (after the wedding, I think…)

IMG_2464

Exterior

IMG_2466

Sigh of relief.

The good news is, we’ve gotten rave reviews so far. Which makes me so happy. I love knowing that the space is being enjoyed and used by people on one of the most special days of their lives.

Cue the warm fuzzies.

And the exhaustion. I’m still recuperating. Now on to Noah’s #8!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness that place is gorgeous! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! It's so fun to see it when it all comes together. Especially when it matches what was in your head! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...